Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting of shareholders is OJSC ALROSA’s top management body and operates on the basis of Russian Federation legislation, the Company’s Charter and the Rules and Regulations for OJSC ALROSA’s annual general meetings. Every year, no earlier than two months and no later than six months after the end of the financial year, the Company shall hold an Annual General Meeting. The meeting approves the Company’s annual report, the annual financial statements and the distribution of profits, including the payment (declaration) of dividends and losses based on the results of the financial year, elects members to the Supervisory Board and the internal audit commission and approves the Company’s auditors, as well as addressing other issues legislation places within the remit of the Annual General Meeting. In addition to Annual General Meetings, extraordinary General Meetings of shareholders may also be held.
The latest Annual General Meeting of OJSC ALROSA shareholders took place on 30 June 2012. The agenda of the OJSC ALROSA Annual General Meeting was as follows:
- approval of OJSC ALROSA’s annual report;
- approval of the annual financial statements, including profit-and-loss reports (profit-and-loss accounts);
- approval of the distribution of profits based on the results for 2011;
- the sie, schedule and form of dividend payments based on the results for 2011;
- the payment of remuneration to members of the supervisory board who are not public sector employees, in a sum stipulated by OJSC ALROSA’s internal documents;
- election of members of the supervisory board;
- election of members of the internal audit commission;
- approval of auditors;
- amendments to OJSC ALROSA’s charter;
- amendments to the Rules and Regulations for OJSC ALROSA’s Annual General Meetings;
- amendments to the Rules and Regulations for OJSC ALROSA’s Executive Board.
No extraordinary general meetings of OJSC ALROSA shareholders were held in 2012.